You are keen to get started on a bodybuilding plan, but you don’t know how to go about it and feel intimidated. You know that there are several exercises which are a part of a weight training schedule, and though you are excited to begin, you also feel under stress. Fortunately, if you acquire some basic knowledge, you will realize that there is not much to worry about.
Tips for beginners
When you are a beginner, you will be happy to note that with proper guidance, the results are awesome. Just follow a few tips.
- Get the proper form to avoid incorrect habits which you will find difficult to unlearn. Get a personal trainer to show you exactly what to do and what a proper form is. If you have the wrong form, you may be injured and will get no results.
- Remember that all exercises that affect more than one muscle group must be done before the practices that work on a single group. Therefore it is advisable that during your workout you should concentrate on the major lifts first. These exercises take a lot of energy to complete and the end of it all you want to feel fresh. You can also use a lean mass gainer along with your training.
- Where rep ranges are concerned, keep it between eight and twelve reps.Or repetitions.This will provide proper strength and improvement in muscular size. Later, as you become comfortable with the weight lifting exercises, you may lower the range.
- Always take a break of one day between each workout to overcome the soreness of workouts which can leave you overwhelmed. Go for a full-body workout at least three times a week.
- Don’t make the mistake of leaving outstretching from your workout as it helps to reduce soreness which results from increasing your range. It helps you to benefit from the lifts you do. It is ideal for performing at least ten minutes of stretching after each workout. Also, do your cardio after your weight lifting or in another session altogether to reserve the energy for the lifts.
- Your diet, before and after a workout, plays a vital role in the performance of your workout and the recovery following it. Make sure that you eat food containing protein and carbohydrates pre and post-workout. Try out a pre-workout supplement before you plan out a diet chart.
- Though free weight exercises are better than weight machine exercises, when you are just starting the latter helps you move easily into weight lifting, ensuring that you are using proper form. Combine both for the best results.
Even though these tips may be useful but the best thing to do is to book a session with a personal trainer who will guide you till you gain a better understanding of the concepts. Following this, you can organize your schedules.