What to do in the event of a dental emergency at night? For a dental emergency on Sunday, you can therefore find a dentist on call. For a daytime emergency, you can make an appointment with your dentist or with a dental office. But for a dental emergency at night, it gets complicated sometimes.
The bad news is that you won’t find a dentist on call at night. But some cities have an odontology and oral health center in their hospitals, which treats dental emergencies at night. You must therefore inquire to know the existence of this type of service in your city. If the pain is really unbearable, you have to go to a hospital emergency room. They will at least be able to relieve you for a few hours, the time to make an appointment with your dentist at the first hour. With the Turkeys UK Smiles you can find the best deals.
Broken tooth or tooth expulsion: the first steps
Few people know how to react when a permanent tooth is expelled or when their child breaks a tooth after a fall. There are important things to do and that’s why we decided to tell you about them.
Teeth fractures are common, especially in children but also in adults. They often follow a fall or a blow.
Several cases are then possible:
- if the dental pulp is not reached , your dentist can put the piece back on as long as you have kept it. If this is not possible, he will make a replica of the missing piece with an ultra-resistant resin
- if the dental pulp is reached and if the volume is large, your dentist will make a resin replica after devitalizing the tooth. He can also put a crown
- if the root is affected, your dentist will have no choice but to extract the tooth. He will either place an implant , or place a bridge, or place a removable device
While waiting for an appointment with your dentist, you must therefore:
- recover the broken piece of tooth
- make an emergency appointment with your dentist
- place compresses of ice water where the tooth is broken if there is pain
- recover the tooth
If it is dirty, rinse it under running water but above all without rubbing it and holding it by the crown and not the root. The best thing is to put it in the mouth and clean it with your own saliva
Try to gently place the tooth back into the socket
if it is impossible to replace the tooth in the root cavity, it can be placed in a glass of milk while waiting to go quickly to your dentist. Adults can keep it in the mouth, under the tongue to protect it.
Emergency dentist: what the law says
Let’s be honest, there are few dentists who refuse to take an emergency patient. But this unfortunately happens.
If you want to see a dentist urgently and he refuses, if you are in terrible pain, that you have a broken or expelled tooth, know that a dentist must:
- to assist a patient in distress
- to participate in the permanence of care
- ensure continuity of care in the absence of an attending dentist
- to inform the practitioner treating of his intervention