The therapeutic and healing benefits of massage can surely do wonders with your mind, body, and soul. Right from healing your mental health to reducing the pain, from promoting better sleep to enhancing your overall wellbeing, a well-performed ‘Massage Therapy’ is surely magic.
However, to ensure that the massage effects last longer, there are a few things that you must do:
- Stay Hydrated: Regardless of the massage, water is considered to be a vital factor for the normal functioning of the body. Drinking water helps the pancreas and kidneys to flush out the accumulated toxins. Therefore, drink an adequate amount of water, half an hour before the massage.
- Time matters: To get the most out of the massage therapy, make sure you arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment. This will help you to get physically and mentally prepared for the session and also discuss your massage goals with the therapist. During the session, try to unplug yourself from the outer world. Give yourself time.
- Communicate With The Massage Therapist: Make sure you talk with the Massage Therapist about the following things:
- Health information, existing medical conditions, and allergies related to oils, lotions or, talc.
- What you’re trying to achieve through a massage such as pain relief, improved sleep, stress relief, or better performance.
- Let them know your music preferences
- Immediately report any discomfort or distractions related to massage or the environment (like room temperature, music volume, lighting, etc.)
- Give constant feedback about the amount of pressure, speed of hand movement, preferred lotions, etc.
- Avoid Drinking Coffee Or Alcohol: Consuming caffeine can increase your heart rate or trigger anxious symptoms. Therefore, it’s important to stay away from coffee for a few hours before the massage session. Similarly, drinking alcohol before a massage can lead to intensifying problems such as frequent urination, discomfort, lack of coordination and so on.
- Miscellaneous tips: Apart from the aforementioned tips, make sure you consider the following things as well:
- When a sensitive area is massaged, be relaxed, and keep on taking short breaths.
- After the session, discuss the noticed changes or soreness in your body with your Massage Therapist.
- After the massage, don’t indulge in the gym or activities that will strain your muscles.
- Skip or postpone the massage session, if you’re sick.
The right massage is what your body needs to get over all the stress. So avail the benefits of Mbiospa gift cards today and experience the best massage in town.