Gum diseases, injury to teeth, poor oral hygiene can be some of the reasons out of many for missing tooth or teeth. Nowadays, all thanks to the advancement in technology which has considerably evolve the dentistry to a restorative level and has given people lot many options like dental implants, dental bridges, etc. These two options are commonly being used in replacing the tooth or teeth. It’s time for you to understand what exactly they are and what are the advantages.
Understanding Dental Implants
The dentist can make you understand what exactly dental implants is and what kind of advantages they offer. The dental implants offer a foundation which is strong especially for the teeth which is either being removed or fixed. In general, they are replacement tooth roots which are developed to match that of natural teeth. Several advantages are:
- Improved speech and oral health
- Long-lasting result
- Improved facial appearance and confidence
Choosing Dental Implants
At the dental office, you may need to understand what’s best for your teeth and you need to make the decision accordingly. There are plenty of reasons which makes dental implants any day better option for you to select it. Reasons for choosing dental implants are:
- When a tooth goes missing, the jawbone of the area starts shrinking and it starts affecting other adjacent teeth as well, so dental implants can prevent it and promotes the growth of bone.
- The dental implants resemble very much close to natural teeth when it comes to function and feel. The titanium implants replicate the function, restoring form and durability of the tooth root.
- There is no risk of decay in case of dental implants and they are relatively easy to clean. Floss can simply get around the implants and they don’t require any cleaning devices for any extra effort when it comes to oral care.