Some people see giving more as an obligation, and I can see why they say that, but the truth is that it’s better to see it as an opportunity to think about the people we love and give them something they might like. That something doesn’t have to be material, and obviously, any day is a good day to give, but at certain moments we feel like doing something extra for the special people in our lives.
If there is a yogi in your life that you want to give a gift to, but you are a little lost in that world, you will find some yogi gift ideas that will help you; any of them can be a perfect gift for a yogi.
Let’s be clear when in doubt, give a good book. Within something as generic as yoga, you can find many books that have nothing to do with each other. Here are a couple of options, depending on your preference:
- Classics, such as the Yoga Sutras or Bhagavad Gita: these are books that sooner or later end up on the shelf of any yogi, so it’s an infallible gift.
- Complete, like Light on Iyengar Yoga or Teaching Yoga. In both, you will find detailed explanations of yoga philosophy, postures, pranayama. The second, the more complete of the two, is a little more teacher-oriented but is an excellent book for anyone who wants to deepen the technique of asanas or many other aspects.
- Practical: Yoga for a Happy Life by the author of the blog Diary of a Yogi 2.0, or Namaslay by Candace. They are didactic books, more visual and affordable than the previous ones. Great for any level, but above all, they are especially suitable for beginners.
Not convinced about the books? I’m sure the yogi you have in mind is missing some of these things, and you’ll be doing him a massive favor if you give him any of them:
- Towel: a must for those who practice disciplines such as Bikram or Ashtanga.
- Blocks: raw, but very necessary. They improve the life of any yogi.
- Bolsters: great for restorative yoga; it’s another one of those things that you think, “bah, what am I going to do with one” and then you can’t live without it.
- Slow juice extractor: yogis are known for their healthy lifestyle, and with equipment like this, they can achieve this without much effort.
It is impossible to fail with this gift because no one ever has enough. Here are some ideas:
- Tights: You can always find a pair that feels great. It’s incredibly comfortable. The most practical is the dark-colored leggings but with some detail that gives them some life.
- T-shirts: People who practice yoga always need comfortable, breathable, natural fiber clothing. Since many go to class twice a day, having an extensive collection of T-shirts is still a must, so with this gift for a yogi, you can’t go wrong.
If you were thinking about yogi gift ideas with a slightly more spiritual focus or traditions related to yoga, I bring you four options.
- Malas: malas are necklaces used for meditation. You can find beautiful ones online.
- Spiritual Diary: for yogis trying to cultivate this aspect a little bit, this book is a perfect gift. Several people use it, and everyone is delighted.
- Coloring Mandalas: this type of booklet has become very fashionable because of the relaxing effect of coloring. It is around an original and very affordable gift.
- Essential oils: for massages, aromatherapy, for making candles, etc., are never too much, and even less so for a yogi.